Embodied Liberation: A Racial Justice Workshop $350 (June, 2023)
Time & Location
June 24th - 25th 2023
Vancouver, WA, USA
About the event
Embodied Liberation is an interactive anti-racism workshop for therapist, advocates, healers, and helpers. We will explore systemic racial bias, through the lens of interpersonal neurobiology. We will look at the role our collective and individual history played in the wounding and trauma we carry about race and explore opportunities for the healing of our world and each other.
- Explore the personal and collective impact of racism
- Understand our embodied responses to racial trauma
- Learn to heal the generational anguish of white supremacy
- Be in community, break isolation, challenge fear with tender bravery.
To support this healing/learning experience, we will
- Cultivate a nourishing environment of mutual support – this is the foundation.
- Work with sand, miniatures, and art to facilitate gently touching our implicit memories.
- Explore how working with the wisdom of our bodies, our divided brains, and nervous systems can provide a safe healing space for healing from racial trauma.
- Share stories about our experiences, personal and professional.
Healing Suffering, Restoring Wholeness, Supporting Liberation